NYC - vintage galore!

I spent yesterday in Brooklyn going to some of the many vintage stores in Williamsburg. I had a ball at Atlantis Attic Vintage Warehouse on Metropolitan Ave. with their wide selection of dresses under $20. Got myself this little striped number.



I also got a floor length slip for my aunt Be (Barbara Hammond) to wear under her lovely sheer gown on the opening night of her new play, "Eva the Chaste". (Clurman Theatre on Theatre Row running July 6-24.)
(photo: Killshire and myself, model: me)

Vice Versa on Bedford avenue was cute too, but smaller. Heading up Bedford Ave. at 7th St. I found an always appreciated Salvation Army where I snagged this sheer beauty with V-neck lace insert and puff sleeves.



If you're in the area, I also recommend heading to Driggs Ave. and 9th St. where you'll find three resale shops in the same complex, Monk, Junk and Buffalo Exchange.

While heading back to my temporary residence on the Lower East Side, I made a stop at The Dressing Room on Orchard Ave. Quite a unique establishment, housing vintage retail in the basement and independent designer racks on the first floor next to a cocktail bar. I'll have to stop by one of these nights when they have an art/music event. My favorite part was the wall dedicated to a gigantic ornate gold frame which they projected film into.

Now I'm on my way to see the most fabulous show in the city at the moment.
Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts